Friday, October 8, 2010

Aggravations and Magnificence

Okay, I'm going to try one more time.  I wanted to tell you about my birdwatching trip this week.  I saw my first great horned owl in the wild.  He was magnificent.  I didn't have my camera with me when I found him, but since they are nocturnal birds, I figured he'd still be there later.  We went on our way and came back with the camera.  He was so patient with us for the longest time but finally got tired of us and flew off to a perch in a tall pine tree where, hopefully, he got some rest.


Okay, I got the picture in here.  Let's see if the rest of the post works like it ought to.  I had to switch to Internet Explorer to get it to work.  Been using Google Chrome and until today have had absolutely no problems with it.

We also saw a huge flock of white pelicans.  They were amazingly beautiful against that blue sky.  My friends were estimating it at less than 100 birds, but after I got it on the computer, I could count them pretty well and came up with about 150.  What a great sight that was.  You'll need to click on the picture to see the pelicans.


While I am getting pictures into the blog, I'm having to do lots of extra steps and this just won't work.  I have to get this clarified by somebody.

I know, whine, whine, whine....and yes, I do like cheese with it.

So, for now, goodnight.  

And if any of you who have blogs have a fix for this problem, I'd love to hear it.  You can contact me at the address shown in my profile.  Thanks.

Y'all take care.

1 comment:

  1. OMG! Look at that owl! I would swoon. I swear I would, if I saw one.

    ReplyDelete