Monday, June 7, 2010

Weekend Steam Bath for Free!


Went over to the beach early yesterday morning to see if any tar balls or oil had washed up. None were visible at that point. News tonight says an oil sheen is very close to shore so it probably won't be long before we get some. Also wanted to check out the new pier which opened this weekend to replace the one destroyed by Hurricane Ivan. I was shocked to find there were hundreds of folks out there, most of them fishermen!! There will be a fee to fish from the pier but was free for the opening weekend. It's a beautiful piece of work.



It was so hot and humid that my camera lens kept fogging up and it looked like it was going to pour rain just any second. This wimp didn't hang out very long, just made a tour of the 1500 foot long pier and then back to the car and more errands.

I'm doing my darnedest to adjust to being home during part of the summer. Normally we bug out of here but due to hubby's situation, can't do so for a month or so. You'd never know I grew up in this mess in an old house out in the country with no AC, no less!! There are folks around who love it, so they can have it. I wind up at the beach maybe 2 or 3 times a year when I have a specific reason to go over there. But this is a great place to be in the winter time!!!!

Y'all take care!


1 comment:

  1. Hey there!

    I had to read my camera manual about 3 times. Once, for the basic stuff, and play with that for a couple of weeks. And then again for the more advanced settings. I practiced on a toy tractor. :) But I also got a lot of info from Nick Kelsh on Facebook, and Digital Photography School (google it.) I signed up for their newsletters and get one once a week - keeps me thinking about it and always has some tips! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete