Saturday, June 5, 2010

Anybody need some rain????

I'll be happy to share some with you!! It's been pouring off and on here all day. My yard is pathetic already, thanks to all the rain from last year and standing water. I was gone when it happened but now I understand how it occurred! You have to understand that we live on a peninsula where all you have is SAND. Right now there are puddles all over but when it stops, they'll all be gone within a half hour. Still enough excess wetness to help kill the grass in those places.

Update on hubby. Saw cardiologist on Wednesday morning and then on Thursday morning had two MORE stents put in. That makes eight now. Home late yesterday and recuperating. It'll take a while, I'm sure. Only been eight months since the last round. Every time this happens, we keep hoping that this will be it for a longggggg while, but so far, that hasn't been the case. The boy is skinny, has never smoked, has his total cholesterol down to 124 (yep) through meds and watching his cholesterol and fat intake like a hawk, so what else can he do???

Read Penny Quilts' most recent post and it set me to thinking, too. I'm pretty certain we all have those times when we actually do have thoughts worth recording, but getting them down on paper in a coherent fashion isn't always the easiest thing to do. She's got the gift, I think.

I got lazy this morning and didn't go over to the beach to take any pictures. But on the local news, they are showing tar balls and oil blobs washing up onto our beaches. The same weather system that is bringing all this rain is to thank for pushing the oil over to us. We all knew it was coming, but we kept hoping against all odds that it never would get here.

I haven't sewn a stitch in weeks. Even though my computer is in here across the table from the sewing machine, I can't seem to get the chair over on that side to do anything. Guess it's just one of those times.

Y'all take care.




3 comments:

  1. Sue, I hope all goes well with your hubby. I haven't been on the board much lately, and missed any news you might have posted earlier. We're in Vermont enjoying the cool. Just got here this afternoon, and wondered why we didn't come sooner! You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sue. I'll try again. I guess the last comment was not "approved". I sure hope all goes well with your husband, and that you can continue your travels. We are in Vermont enjoying the cool. Just got here today, and I was really ready for it! I'm looking forward to lots of sewing this summer. I'm so far behind as usual.

    I just found your blog, so will try to keep up with you.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, Navy Wife -- Sure wish I was up there with you!!! Not looking forward to the mid-90's and high humidity that are forecast for the coming week!! Hope you guys are doing well.

    ReplyDelete