Sunday, August 1, 2010

Run, Run, Run................

It has been a busy couple of weeks. We're visiting the kids in Iowa and saw the new granddaughter for the first time. She is a darling, but then we just might be a bit prejudiced! Her big sister is also the cutest thing. She has a smile as big as the moon and is a spitfire. And let's not forget the really big sister (15) who looks more grownup every day. Where have all those years gone?

My friend Mary came down from Minneapolis for a few days and it was wonderful to have her here so that I could enjoy some "me" time without being in the wife mode, or stepmom mode, or Nana mode, just plain old "me" with my best friend. We've known each other for at least 25 years. She keeps me on my toes.

And, I spent a day with a quilting buddy who lives near here. Did some damage to the credit card yesterday at some local quilt shops. In fact, did some more today when I bought a great antique quilt for a very good price!

In all the years we've been coming up here, we've never been over to the Amana Colonies. I drove over on Thursday and met up with a gardening board buddy. Had a very nice day. The Colonies are interesting, but they are definitely now a "been there, done that" place and would not care to go back unless for a very good reason.

As though all that activity wasn't enough, hubby's brother and his wife came from Indianapolis for a couple of days.

So, it has been a very busy time. I've taken some pictures during this time, but no chance to download them. Sorry about that. We'll just have to make up for lost time at a later date.

I hear that the weather at home has been horrendous since we left. I know it has been unseasonably hot in a lot of places.

Y'all take care.


No comments:

Post a Comment