Sunday, July 18, 2010

Rambling on the road, and here.

Oh, this road trip is very tiring!! We are in Hannibal, Missouri tonight and will finish the trip tomorrow, thank goodness!! I have decided that I really do not like traveling via interstate highways. Everybody is in such a hurry and you wind up being stressed out all the time. I like to look at the scenery and whatever birds or critters are along the way. I've driven in Los Angeles, San Diego, Dallas, Houston, Las Vegas, Minneapolis, Phoenix, Tucson and other cities all over the country but sure wouldn't want to do it any more. I guess my laid back lifestyle these days is evident.

We'll get to see the kids and the new granddaughter. She's 2 1/2 months old now so should be fun. And today is the oldest granddaughter's 15th birthday. I cannot believe that child has gotten to be so old!!

I'm so glad that the temporary cap on the oil spill is holding. Now to make it permanent!!! And to get on with the cleanup!! It will take years and I hope that the effort won't be abandoned as time goes by. The equivalent of that old adage about "out of the news, out of mind".

Y'all take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment