Monday, April 4, 2011

Busy, Busy

I know, I know.  I promised to get back sooner but it just hasn't worked out that way.  Been busy as can be working in the yard and really feel it, too!   Today I'm taking a break -- at least that's the plan.  I keep hoping all those little leaves will fall so I can be finished with this raking!!!!!  That's not likely to happen, though, so I'll just have to be patient for another two or three weeks and meanwhile try to keep up with the ones that do fall. 


Over the years, the trees have grown so much that the cardinal flowers near them were in shade and didn't bloom.   So, this year, I've dug them up and transplanted them to a place that gets plenty of sunshine.  Let's hope they survive.  They were originally planted in the spring of 2004 and I've never had one single bloom.  The first year they were planted, they got decimated by Hurricane Ivan and the second year, Hurricane Dennis got them.   Of course, if they've survived this long being almost totally neglected, maybe they will thrive in their new homes.  We shall see.   Here's what they are supposed to look like.  Cardinal Flower  


I also moved a bleeding heart vine that has suffered the same fate.  It has held on valiantly but just can't bloom.  I cut it back and moved it to the front, moving its armillary along with it.  
Bleeding heart vine, pentas and African daisy
 Same thing for those allium that I talked about in an earlier post.  I also rescued some rejects from the big box store.  Poor little things just needed a little TLC.  


We're taking the RV out for a little trip later this week.  Due to hubby's medical issues, we haven't been able to do that since the first of last June.  I'm really looking forward to it and I think he is, too.  Aren't going very far, but it'll be so nice to sit looking over the lake.  
In campground on the way to Alaska in 2008
I haven't touched my sewing machine in well over a month.  I think its about time, but first I have to clear out this room which looks like a tornado hit it. 
Appliqued top waiting to be quilted


Y'all take care. 





No comments:

Post a Comment