Monday, May 18, 2020

Here We Go Again

So, here we go.  The staying home due to the Covid19 virus thing is getting old.  One day looks just like another and it is so easy to lose track of what day it is.  There are no "events" to mark the passing of the days and weeks.  Of course, if I look in the mirror at my hair I can certainly tell it's been a long time since a haircut!  Poor hubby is looking a bit shaggy too.

Anyway, I've been sewing still.  I did the hand sewing on the binding of a quilt that I started years ago.  I got the pattern underway only to discover there were errors in the pattern.  These errors caused some recalculation and figuring.   It never crossed my mind to check online for any pattern corrections before starting.  I mean, don't these pattern designers have pattern testers?  The only pattern designers I know had several and no pattern ever got published before being made by the testers first.  I was so annoyed with this whole thing that the quilt got put on the back burner and ignored.  I would drag the wool applique part of it along sometimes and work on it but with no real enthusiasm. 

A while back I decided that it was time to come off the shelf.  I pulled up the BGP's and finished it.   So, here it is.  I still love the thing. 

I've also been finishing up the ten little birds for the wool applique project.  They are tedious little things but I have really enjoyed making them.  The work area while doing this is a bit interesting, though. 

All the little guys are done except for fastening the beak of one.  That will take only a few minutes and then it will be on to the multi-layered flowers. 

Speaking of flowers, my knockout roses are doing the best I think they've done since we've lived here.  They are gorgeous. 
The rain and accompanying wind did a number on them a bit because the blossoms were so heavy but they are hanging in there.  They will keep blooming throughout the summer but not with this profusion.  I'll keep them fed and enjoy them.

I love reading blogs and have a long list that I read every day.  Makes me feel bad that I don't post more often despite my best intentions.  Just know that I appreciate all of you who do post frequently and I appreciate those of you who come and visit me. 

Y'all take care and STAY SAFE



4 comments:

  1. I LOVE LOVE LOVE that quilt! I'm glad you finished it! I think Covid has been a blessing for finishing all those UFO's. PLUS, I have enjoyed quilting again. Makes one feel good to finish these lovely quilts.

    OMG...the ROSES!! They are amazing. You certainly have a green thumb.

    Okay...I would love to see photos of your sewing room...and your gardens. That would make for a good blog post. For what it is worth, I haven't been too exciting on the blog either. There is nothing to write about really. Are we all boring ourselves with virus news?? But, what else do we have?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really is a banner year for flowers; your roses are outstanding! Here, we call them 'deer candy.' 🤣

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your quilting is just beautiful - a real work of art! As are those roses, wow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If I had to stay in my house until I completed a quilt like that, I would be locked down until the end of time!! Wonderful.

    Lock down rules have been relaxed somewhat here, I managed to go for a swim for the first time in about 9 weeks.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete