Friday, May 1, 2020

Green Days in the Mountains

Holy moly, where does the time go.  I've been sewing, of course.  I got a graduation quilt top off to the longarm quilter several days ago and can now work on other stuff.  My applique group is doing a group project called "Oh, Christmas Tree" by Wendy Williams.  We are each doing our own version but working on them concurrently.  We are all at different stages because we work on other things too.  Here are the little birdies I'm working on. 
They are fun to make but time consuming and that beak is a real pain. 

We have had rain off and on and I am so over it.  Sunshine today but cool and breezy.  May 1 and the heat is still on.  I'm truly hoping that ceases to be the case really soon. 
This was taken several days ago and there are more leaves on the trees now than then and the roses (the left edge) are blooming now.

Things are very green right now here in the mountains.  It's hard to describe all the shades of green. 
Taken through the windshield so a bit blurry

Arm of the lake, sky overhead was dark
I hope everyone is staying safe and well during this coronavirus thing.  Even though our governor has let the stay at home order expire, we have no plans to rush out for anything.  We'll continue to stay home except for necessities for the foreseeable future.  

Y'all take care and please take care of yourselves



6 comments:

  1. Lush and beautiful there! I am in no hurry for heat, even though having a vegetable garden makes heat a 'necessary evil.' 😉

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...it is LOVELY there! We are just starting to turn green in Chicago, but the temps are chilly and we've had tons of rain. Nothing above 55 degrees for yet another week. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  3. The rain certainly greened things up! Lovely. The birds are way too cute and look like fun to embellish. And like you, our state is easing up, but we are in the age group so will take our time getting back into things. Frankly I suffer from "fear of re-entry".

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful scenery there - mine is all much more built up! I dont know how people manage to do all that quilting - I am skill-less in that regard!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne (ps: how are things in your neck of the woods?)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful photos!

    I think it's better when people get to choose to go out or stay home. Less frustration all around.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those little birds - I actually went out birding this weekend - remarkable! Pictures to follow.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete