Friday, September 2, 2016

Here I Go Again

Here I go again not posting despite my best intentions.  

We're visiting the kids and running around to visit friends in Minneapolis and northern Iowa so spending a lot of time on the road.  I guess that makes up for driving very little when I'm at home. 

Have any of you ever used your computer without a battery?  That's what I'm doing right now and it seems to work fine.  Last night when I got home I fired up the laptop to check messages and the battery area got so hot that I couldn't hold it in my lap.  Scared the bejeebers out of me so I turned it off and unplugged it too.  Used hubby's computer to do some research about not using the battery and found that it works fine.  Just have to remember that if the cord gets pulled, it shuts down immediately.  That's not a real problem for me.    I sure didn't want to have to buy a new computer and learn a new operating system right now.  Also, I need to get some things backed up before even thinking about it. 

Y'all take care. 


5 comments:

  1. I hope your computer problems are fixed with this solution!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice pictures - I have an old lap top that will only work without a battery! As to why this is so, I have no idea!

    Cheers - Stewart M - Just back in Melbourne!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Usually I use my laptop on a small desk however, when I place it on my lap I bought a "thing" that allows air to circulate because the battery does get warm too!...:)JP

    ReplyDelete