Tuesday, April 7, 2015

And here she is.........at last.

Hey, everybody. 

I've been fussing about my landscaping the last few week.  There are things I want done and the folks I've called are s-l-o-o-o-o-ow in getting back to me.  Finally, the nursery guy came today and started on the new raised bed I want.  


Please forgive the pictures.  It was dusk when I took these. 

I'm also going to have creeping phlox put on this bank near the mailbox. 

This'll serve as my before shot.  The hostas there along the wall are coming up nicely.  They were gorgeous last year and I'm hoping they'll be the same this year. 

I had a hard time holding off so long, but over the weekend I finally broke down and planted my garden.  A whole three tomato plants!!! 

They're in a narrow bed right beside where my husband parks his car but they get full sun there. 

We're seeing more buds and some leaves but we're still waiting for the big burst. 
Winter view 
I noticed tonight that the azaleas have buds and will be bursting out in a few days.  There are a few rogue clumps of creeping phlox around the yard and they're looking good. 


I've been sewing a bit but nothing I can show you at the moment.  I've been slow getting back in the groove.  The month of April is a very busy one for me and I'm in and out of town the whole time.  Poor hubby has to stay home.

I'll be doing fun stuff the next while and I'll try my best to take lots of pictures so I can share them with you. 

Y'all take care. 



3 comments:

  1. Wow! You've been busy! The raised beds look great. I'm jealous of your mild weather.

    An answer to your question about the Photoshop effects I used on my blog post. It is called Watercolor-Pencil Photoshop Action from Graphic River. I found it on the Spoongraphics Blog.

    http://blog.spoongraphics.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  2. That raised bed will be really nice! We still have pretty chilly weather here. 4 to 5 inches of snow this last Monday/Monday night. 30 degrees this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMGosh! You are going to have a blast planning, planting and tending with those!!!

    ReplyDelete