Monday, April 27, 2015

A Room With a View

It's that time again and I'm loving my first spring as a resident of the north Georgia mountains. 
View from the front deck/porch
Hubby is suffering from the pollen levels but I'm not having too much trouble with it.  We both agree that its a small price to pay, however, for living in a place we love. 

The azaleas really put on a show.  Too bad the don't last longer. 

The hostas seemed to just burst from the ground. 
Hostas on April 9
Hostas on April 21

With spring comes the migration of little feathered friends, too. 
Flying little pigs 
First Rose Breasted Grosbeak of the season 
We're having a good number of Indigo Buntings but no picture worth sharing yet. 

Yesterday I counted fifteen different species of birds from either my sewing studio or the living room upstairs.  And I wasn't even looking toward the feeders farther out in the yard. 

Y'all take care. 




6 comments:

  1. I can sure see why you love that place. Look at those hostas grow! Love the little grosbeak too. Some years we get lazuli buntings, but this doesn't seem to be one of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never seen a lazuli bunting myself but I bet they are gorgeous. Indigos still take my breath away when I seem them with the sun shining on them.

      Delete
  2. LOVELY! I am envious of your surroundings--those beautiful birds...the flowering bushes.....ahhhhh. We are only just starting with flowers here. I can't wait to get out there in the garden!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm going to go out on a limb here, but I reckon I could find a thing or two to do there! What a great looking place.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  4. A view of the mountains, beautiful birds and plants, and your incredible sewing room downstairs - absolute bliss :-} Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! The mountains in spring are gorgeous. But here it is June and I'm just now visiting this post. Am I behind in blog visits, or what!

    ReplyDelete