Monday, September 11, 2017

Impact of Irma

At the moment (Monday night, 8:15 p.m.) we're experiencing light rain and gusty winds as a result of Irma.  We've had the rain off and on all day but the winds have kicked up only in the last little bit.  I'm expecting and hoping that it'll just be these little gusts that I'm guessing are somewhere around 30-40 mph.    No loss of electricity yet but that doesn't mean much.  It's not uncommon for us to lose power up here.  In fact, just a bit over a week ago it was off for about 7 hours due to a blown transformer.  So, it goes.  As long as we're safe otherwise, I'm good. 

My blog pals across the pond can rest easy for now.  And thanks for being concerned about me.  

Y'all take care 

From earlier this summer 



5 comments:

  1. I am glad you are okay! That was one doozy of a storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry I am late commenting, although I did look a couple of days ago and was relieved to see your update :-). Good to know you are OK.

    For about 24 hours our news media could talk of nothing else but Irma, however as usual, they have now completely forgotten the devastation and amount of clean up and rebuilding required and gone back to bellyaching about Brexit.

    Take care. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad to hear you stayed safe. We had a lot of wind from Irma, but only a little over two inches of rain, which is half of what they forecasted! Hopefully you kept your power!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We dont get storms like that (who does?) in Melbourne, but cyclones do hit the northern part of Australia - so we have some idea of what it can be like. Glad all is OK with you.

    Cheers - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey it was really good to hear from you on my blog! I was actually wondering how you were doing with all of this bad weather. Glad to hear you are ok. Are you still?

    Cindy Bee

    ReplyDelete