Tuesday, July 10, 2012

My Current Backyard

I have become accustomed to the sound as the water in the Moose River rushes by our campsite.  It gets louder when there's higher water from rain, but then diminishes as the weather dries.  It was such a wonderful surprise when we realized that this was to be our backyard view for a bit. 


And another view.
And, of course, the sunset view looking down the river.
We get to see common mergansers with their little ones, and mallards with little ones, too.  The cedar waxwings nest in the area, so they are out and about.  There's robins, chickadees, kingfishers, lots of crows, grackles, and ruby throated hummingbirds.  Up near the office, the goldfinches make an appearance, as well as the downy and hairy woodpeckers.  Oh, and the house finches, too.  The unusual birds I've seen thus far from my "backyard" are a spotted sandpiper and a golden winged warbler.  


Y'all  take care.  







11 comments:

  1. I'd like to dip my toes in the cold water with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG - I'd take the backyard any day! Perfect stream to cast a rod and maybe even pull out a lovely trout for breakfast!
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Candace, tho no one has been fishing lately, we have seen fly fishers (male and female) catch lovely trout here directly behind our rig. I think this is a catch and release location, though. I'd love to have you and Mr. Squash try your hand here.

      Delete
  3. That looks like such a cool spot that would be so lovely to visit during all this hot weather we've been having. Is it shallow enough to wade through? - Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Karen, yes you can wade across if you're brave enough to test the currents. Sometimes kids will scramble across and folks fly fish in it. I definitely have to tip a toe in it before we leave.

      Delete
  4. That looks like such a cool spot that would be so lovely to visit during all this hot weather we've been having. Is it shallow enough to wade through? - Karen

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great spot. I know you must really enjoy your RV, and all the wonderful places you can visit and stay awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I could get used to those gorgeous views!! Looks so relaxing and wonderful.
    Mary Alice

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty place! I'm glad you're enjoying your summer - friends, beautiful places, a variety of birds ... I'm guessing it's nice to hear Moose River at night while you go to sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful view! It looks so relaxing and peaceful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Just the best view! I bet the sounds were so relaxing!

    ReplyDelete