Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Rain and Kites

Well, our hope of some significant rain has finally been realized.  It's pouring outside and looks like there's lots more to come!!   Here of late, the fronts all seem to fall apart before getting to us and we need some rain for the spring.  


I've had wonderful treats the last few days.  We've lived here for over twelve years and this is the first year that I've seen swallow-tailed kites!!   I saw four of them on Sunday afternoon, three yesterday and one this morning.  

Well, I've spent the last two hours trying to find my pictures of the first swallow-tailed kite I ever saw, but with absolutely no luck.  Computers are wonderful, but sometimes they can be very frustrating, too.  I try very hard to keep my photos indexed so they can be found later, and I know what date I'm looking for, but still can't find it.  And I know of no reason why it would have been deleted.    At any rate, here is a link to Greg Lavaty's website where he shows some wonderful pictures of the kites.    Greg Lavaty's Swallow-tailed kites  

I'm really concerned about not finding those photos because that batch also has the last picture I took of my Aunt Pearl before she died, and also the last pictures of my mother before her death.  The only possibility left is that they are still on the desktop computer which crashed and didn't get transferred to a backup at the same time with the rest of the photos.  I'll have to get a technician in to see if he can get it up and running long enough to see if the pictures are there and to retrieve them.

This definitely reminds me that it is way past time for photo books to be compiled and printed so that important pictures are not lost electronically.  

Just so you aren't left with no picture at all, I thought I'd share this one.  Our friend, Mike, came for a visit.  This is how I like to see the guys after dinner.  


Y'all take care. 


No comments:

Post a Comment