I owe all of you an apology right up front. I have been so remiss in not getting another post up to let you see how this quilt turned out. I debated long and hard with myself but finally decided to go to my annual quilting retreat with my buddies from all over the southeastern US and even a couple from Ohio. We've done this for the past ten or eleven years and I haven't missed a one yet. No hugs were shared (bummer), we practiced social distancing for the most part but still had a good time.
Anyway, I worked diligently on this guilt while there and was able to get it stitched together. When I finished the inner part with the tumblers I did something that was totally stupid and I knew better. I half pressed it and then proceeded to attach borders. Well, I found out as I was adding the last piece of the outer border that I had screwed up big time. 😬 I didn't say anything to my pals but figured I'd fix the mess when I got home.
After looking at it a couple of days, I stopped the procrastination and took the borders off the quilt. I dug out the spray starch and ironed the heck out of the center portion. It got squared up then as best I could. I started re-attaching the borders, some of which I replaced to make it look better. Anyway, here is the final result and I must admit that I'm pleased with the outcome. I had a ton of tumblers left over, probably enough for two or more quilts, but I decided once was enough. I gave the tumblers to Marj who was going to use them to make a quilt for her girly granddaughter. Worked for me and assuaged my guilt by keeping those pieces out of my sight!
I'm thinking I may put a flannel backing on it to make it all snuggly. For now, it has joined a friend hanging in the closet awaiting further action.
Y'all take care and stay safe.