Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Come Along for the Ride

 I thought it might be of interest to see how a quilt comes into being.  I saw a quilt lying on wildflowers in a field recently on a blog.  I fell in love with the concept and the idea.  I believe that lady made hexagons like a Grandmother's Flower Garden but I have no interest in paper piecing like that.  My idea was to make a mini tumbler quilt using 30's reproduction fabrics.

The first thing to do, since there is no real pattern for this, is to try to figure out how many tumblers I will need.  I think I've got it right but we'll see. 


We start with scribbles and figures which may or may not be correct but its a starting point. 

Then is the selection of fabrics.  I simply went over to the cabinet and pulled out just about all the 30's reproduction fabrics I have, along with some others for neutrals. 


I'll just cut strips from them and then cut the little tumblers. 


So, that's where we stand at the moment.  I'll do my best to  bring you along as progress is made. 

Y'all take care





3 comments:

  1. Oooh, this is FUN! I love starting a new quilt and the process of choosing fabrics and cutting. Wish I was there to join in the fun in person.:)

    I am finished with the Dresden plate quilt..just have to wash it and hopefully whiten it a bit. Then a label and I'm DONE! So excited. I will send photos when I clean it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love quilts - do not have the patience to put one together but they are treasures -

    ReplyDelete