Saturday, August 8, 2020

TA DAH! A post finally

 At last!   You finally get another post from me.  I've been busy working on a wool applique project and have been enjoying it immensely.  It is tedious but fun.  So here we go with some pretties. 










These are not perfect by any means but I love doing them.  I'm to the point of stitching the onto the tree background.  Some of them will require a bit more fancy stitching as they are fastened down and some will just need to be whip stitched.

We are having a wet summer here on the hill.  We have carpenters trying to do some outside work on our wood cabin and that's hard when it rains most every day.  Usually not downpours but enough to keep things wet.  Yesterday we did get a down pour, though.  

We are staying home except for necessity runs and its getting old.  Thank goodness we can go to the park for some exercise and a change of scenery.  We're able to do our social distancing thing there easily. 

Y'all stay safe and take care. 

8 comments:

  1. that looks like a very pretty place to walk at. All of your wool felt are so cute I made some once for one quilt and loved them. Yes it is getting old staying home - we didn't have a decent place to walk near by and yard work wasn't giving enough exercise so got a treadmill and we are both using it daily for six weeks now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE them!! You are really doing a good job in mixing up the needlework to make it interesting. I love a hand project...don't you?

    All that rain...UGH. Hopefully you can get your project done. I'm sure all that rain is not helping the cabin fever. I guess I'm getting used to avoiding people at this point. I refuse a lot of dinner invitations--I just don't feel safe. I like hiking outside though--like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm keeping my crafting hands busy with spinning; wish we could have some of your rain. We are always dry in the summer here; a good soaking would be a real treat and I'm sure all the plants would give an audible sigh of relief. The bright greens in your park picture are so refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so pretty.
    I have a hankering to do some applique with 100% wool felt but have so far managed to keep my credit card away from the suppliers. There are already so many projects ahead in the queue I dare not add any more right now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, now these are sooo cute and pretty! Even though small, they represent a lot of work, so kudos to you. Like you, I plod along on small things and then all of a sudden, there is a lovely pile of them. Handwork is so relaxing. I may need to try wool embroidery as I like the no-fray part of it, to say nothing of the colors! Like you, we go to a nearby state park for some refreshing breaks. We try to go once a week and either take our bicycles or the dogs. And lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The little wool appliques are so pretty! One of these days I'll have some time for handcrafting again.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the little birds! I wish I had a park like that near me. I am locked down at present, and as you say its getting very old!

    Hope all is well. Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete