Friday, June 26, 2020

I'm So Excited.....And I Just Can't Hide It.....

(Snicker....now get that song out of your head.)

I'm in the middle of a quilting project and I'm excited about it.  I don't think I've been this pumped up about a project in a very long time.     Many, many years ago I bought some fabric at the Quilted Moose in Gretna, Nebraska (I believe it was) that was diagonal striped fabric.  Fell in love with it so I bought the fabric and a number of coordinating pieces.  They have been stored together since then.  When I was trying to decide what I wanted to stitch on next, I pulled out that fabric and decided that was it.  

I chose a very traditional pattern shown in homespuns and dark fabrics.  Not in the same universe as my fabrics.   Got it figured out and blocks laid out ready to stitch together. 




Can't wait to get it all together and see the end result! 

We're getting rain almost every day and can I say I'm tired of it?  Yeah, I know.  Once it stops I'll be begging for rain.  The flowers (and weeds) just keep on growing in this wet warm weather.  We are still having cooler than normal weather but I'll take that happily. 



Hubby made a run to Walmart the other day.  I think he loves me. 


Y'all stay safe and take care of yourselves and your loved ones





4 comments:

  1. love the colorful flowers and who can pass up m&m's!! looks like the quilt is going great

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooh, LOVE the colors!! I can't wait to see the finished top. :)

    I have never used a quilting computer program to lay out a quilt. Do you do that all the time?? What program is it?

    I basted another quilt top this week. It is smaller than the other projects, so it should go fast once I get to it. I love to have a hand project ready to go! HATE basting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Peanut M and Ms? He's a keeper I think!!

    Hope all is well - Stewart M - Melbourne

    ReplyDelete