Monday, April 13, 2020

Bits & Bobs

The weather here has been up, down and all around the town, so to speak.  We've had temps up to the 80's and then back to the 50's during the day with freezing temps at night.  Strange stuff.  Through it all, the flowers are doing their thing. 

The third clematis on that trellis is struggling and is a little thing.  We'll see how it does through the summer.

 The azaleas in front of the house are also in full bloom.  I'm surprised all of these flowers didn't suffer worse in the storms that came through last night. 
A few nights ago I was scratching  my head trying to figure out what to fix for dinner and this is what I came up with.   Pork cutlets. 
They were quite good with steamed broccoli and roasted potatoes.  

I made a batch of face masks for various family members and ourselves.  Was not a difficult chore but not a fun one. 


And, last but not least, here's a view from down the road on the way to my house. 


Y'all be safe and take care 











4 comments:

  1. The flowers are so nice to see! We aren't there yet, sadly. Forecast for a little snow yet tonight. It won't stay long, but it is a little depressing to see.

    I made a few masks too. Not fun at all. After 10 or so, I snapped. I hate making multiples of anything, so I was a little crabby at the end. Now I am out of elastic, so that is the end of making them for me. Unless....one of my friends needs one....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, so much in bloom and (to my eye) so early. The clematis are quite beautiful.

    The UK has not got into ‘mask making’ yet but I can see it coming. Am really not in the mood to quilt right now (because anything I make at this time will always remind me of not being able to get out) but at least I have enough fabric for masks if I need some 😉

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here you go!!

    https://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/damaris-phillips/chocolate-and-espresso-layer-cake-with-peanut-butter-icing-2754196

    ReplyDelete
  4. The azaleas are beautiful! and Your house so charming...

    ReplyDelete